Friday, April 8, 2011

Life with a newborn


Oakley Bea Van Wagoner was born Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 4:26 am. She weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces and was 20 inches long. She had a full head of black curly hair and was the most beautiful baby Jon or I had ever seen.
We had to stay in the hospital for two nights. The first night Jon slept at home because he had to work early the next morning. I was exhausted and hadn't slept since the baby was born so I had the nurses take her to the nursery for the night. The next morning one of the nurses came in and told me that they hadn't taken her to the nursery, but kept her at the nurses station and played with her all night. Everyone thought she was the most beautiful baby they had ever seen.
We brought her home on Saturday. It has been a big adjustment. No more uninterrupted nights of sleep. I spend every waking moment just starring at her, trying to comprehend the fact that we are parents.
It is so strange to think that I am a mother. I took her to the doctor the other day for her 5 day checkup and had to sign the consent form for treatment for her. I am now the one that people hand her off to when she is crying. And strangely enough most of the time I can calm her down.
My life is now full of and poopy diapers and sleepless nights, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

2 comments:

  1. maybe its because i am anti facebook,
    or just a crappy friend.

    I HAD NO IDEA THAT YOU WERE PREGO!

    seriously if i would have known i would have been calling you this whole time.

    i am dying to call you right now, i have so many questions. my due date is now eight days away and i am totally freaking out.

    aw. you have to tell your birth story! i want to hear everything...

    OH MY GOODNESS. IF YOU WOULD HAVE TOLD ME AT KING HENRY THAT WE WOULD HAVE TWO BABY GIRLS LESS THAN A MONTH APART I WOULD HAVE LAUGHED.

    THIS IS AWESEOME.

    are you guys still in utah? umm... i am flying there tomorrow. maybe i can come see you and meet your little one. (that is if i am not busy in the hospital having MY little one)

    I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU AND JON!

    + YOUR NURSES WERE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT,
    SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete