Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MOUSE!!!

Ok, so we have had mice in the house since I moved in. I guess it goes with living on three acres of land with a field right next door. I am deathly terrified of mice. I don't really know why, but maybe it stems from being a young girl and having mice crawl on me in my sleep at girls camp.

Our first mouse incident occurred shortly after I had moved in. Jon was over one night and heard a plastic package rattling around. He peaked around the corner to see a mouse just staring at him. Since the first incident we have caught many mice. We thought they were gone until a few weeks ago we discovered a ton of poop in the basement. My naive self thought that they might stay contained in the basement until I discovered poop under the counters. I have since seen them run across the kitchen floor into our bedroom.

Some days I forget they are there. I had pretty much forgotten until last night when Jon almost killed one with his shoe. And then today, I was pouring the dog food into a plastic bucket (a cautionary measure to keep the mice out) when to my surprise a dead mouse falls into the bucket with the food. I screamed so loud the neighbors are probably thinking I was murdered. The dog and I ran into the kitchen and now she won't go near her food.

I am now sitting on the couch with my feet up and not able to move. This ridiculous fear has crippled me from doing the housework that I had planned on. My stomach has started to settle and I think that I will be able to maybe go and do the laundry, but there is no way that I am going near the door until Jon gets home to save me from the dead mouse. I know, it's stupid, but I really just can't go near it.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! you poor thing. that sounds awful, yet perfect for a good story! (good stories make anything worth it). I am so glad that i found your blog!

    angelabrian.blogspot.com
    briansinbethel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete