Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mouse 2

Ok, so we have a mouse problem...as you know. After the last incident, I went to Walmart and bought loads of Decon and mousetraps hoping to get rid of the little buggers. Jon put them strategically around the house so the dog wouldn't get them and since then I had pretty much forgotten about our little house guests. Until last night. I had worked the past five days at Park City, the last three teaching 3-5 year olds. Which, might I add is super fun, but exhausting! I had just gotten home from work and was relaxing on the couch watching the dog running around like a crazy little thing. She stopped her sprinting and growling to sniff a spot on the carpet. I didn't think anything of it and continued watching my movie. Next thing I know, she is playing with a dead mouse!! Throwing it around and trying to burry it in my blanket. Well, I freaked out, yelled at her to let it go and ran her into the kitchen. Once again, Jon was at work in my time of need.
I sat in the kitchen paralyzed with the dog on my lap. I finally mustered up the courage to look around the corner at it secretly hoping that it had magically disappeared. Much to my dismay, it was still just laying on the rug. After five more paralyzing moments and a few phone calls I locked the dog in the bathroom (its the only room with a door in our house) and got the snow shovel off the porch. After two failed attempts, I got my ski pole and prodded the thing in to the shovel, dropped it in the kitchen, picked it up and threw it in the trash can.
It was a very big step for me, considering last time I had sat on the couch for three hours waiting for Jon to come home. I keep thinking that one day I might just pick them up like nothing. But then again, I hope that I don't get so used to mice that that has to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment