Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Proposal







You will have to forgive me for posting more than once in the same day, but I am sitting in Florida watching the rain out my window and really excited to get this started. Jon and I have been dating for five wonderful months. He is selling security systems in Orlando and I couldn't stand the thought of being away from him all summer, so I came with. I have been here for two weeks today.



Last Sunday, May 10, 2009 was like any other Sunday. We got up, went to church, watched a movie and naturally fell asleep doing so. After taking a dip in the pool we went back to my apartment and were talking on the couch. I told him about Relief Society and how all the other girls had introduced themselves and said "and my husband is..." When it got to me I just said I'm Lenzi. It was quiet for a while. At this he told me I should have said, "and I'm marrying Jon". I told him I would have if I had a ring, but since I didn't that would have been awkward.



Up until this point, I had assumed that he had my ring somewhere, but wasn't positive. We had picked one out that was perfect, but I had no idea if was in Florida or still on the shelf in Utah. He confirmed my suspicions by asking if I wanted it. Now lets be honest, of course I wanted it, but I told him that he had to surprise me.



We went to a friend's house to roast marshmellows later that night. By this time I had put the ring out of my mind, not thinking that I would get it for a few days. After roasting, we went back to my place. As we walked in the door Jon turned off the light and just stood awkwardly in the doorway. I walked into the kitchen, put something on the counter and walked back over to him. He was being so strange, but I didn't really think anything of it. It was then that I saw the box sitting on the counter. I had walked right past it, twice. I was in shock. I had no idea that he would do it that night. After all, we had just been talking about it.



He slipped the ring on my finger and I haven't been able to quit staring at it ever since. I still gasp sometimes when I see it on my finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment