Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Couple of Ski Bums


Jon and I met in the lift line at Park City. It was Christmas break and super busy. We were both teaching and it was my first day. My class was out of control and I wanted to quit and never come back. Jon and his class was in front of us and he started throwing snowballs at my kids. At first I thought this was cute, but after their skis all fell off, it was not so cute anymore. I was actually a bit frusterated and annoyed.

The next day, Jon was behind us in line. My class was much more well behaved this day. Jon had a class of older girls and was talking to them about Utah. I was eavesdropping and figured out that he lived in Provo and had served a mission. We got talking and he offered to give me a ride the next day to work.

From there, he gave me a ride for the rest of the week. He came over to watch a snowboarding video and I was pretty much hooked from then on. On our first real date, we got stuck in the mountains in his truck. I was so impressed how he handled everything. He kept calm and didn't say one bad word.

We spent all winter skiing and having fun. Somewhere in the course of three months I fell in love with this goofy snowboard instructor from Utah. I had all but given up on finding a nice, good guy and then along came Jon in all his ski bum glory.
Sometimes I am nervous that we are too much alike. For example we had both been saving our favorite t-shirts since High School to make quilts with. (And we did.) We both love to play and be outdoors. Oh and don't forget our love of capri suns and fruit by the foot. So random, but so perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment