Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hi, we're going to be gone for five days















Ok, so it's been a while. A few weeks ago we went to Gobblin Valley. It was Jon's spring break and since I don't have a spring break, I decided to just make one anyways. We went down to Gobblin Valley on Thursday morning. It was our first big camping trip as a "family." By family, I mean Jon, the dog and I. We had so much fun! We did a hike through a slot canyon that ended up being much longer than we thought it was going to be. The poor puppy was so exhausted that we had to carry her for some of the way. Six miles is a long way to walk when you're only five months old. As we were coming down the canyon we crossed paths with some guys who had on huge, heavy packs. The first one who we passed looked at Jon and said "Hi, we are going to be gone for five days". That's all. He just kept walking. I had to do everything I could to not burst out laughing right then. We came to the conclusion that they must have been reading the signs that said to be sure to tell someone where you were and how long you were going to be gone. So naturally, he told us.
Friday morning, after spending the night in the rain and wind, we went to the Goblin Valley park. It was freezing cold and super windy. After mustering up the courage to get out of the truck, we went and played on the goblins. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done. There are just miles and miles of these rock formations that look like goblins that you can climb on. We climbed around for a few hours and then we had to be back to real life. I had to work at Rodizio that night.
It was a fun little trip and if you have never been there, I would suggest visiting Goblin Valley sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment